Sunday, September 12, 2010

Playlist

Ahhh, a rest day!  Truly much needed rest after yesterday!

While I'm running (and after) I try to remember the songs that seem to push me or make me smile or make me just want to keep moving my feet when I run, rather than give up on the spot.  I'm trying to make sure my playlist for the Monumental is stellar and has the best of the above motivational factors.  Here are some of the best ones I've come up with so far:

Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise - Avett Brothers
Incomplete and Insecure - Avett Brothers
Airplanes - B.o.B
Closer to You - Brandi Carlile
Mushaboom - Feist
All the Way - Indigo Girls
Maybe - Ingrid Michaelson
Lucky - Jason Mraz & Colbie Callait
Saving my Face - KT Tunstall
Firefly - Maia Sharp
Float On - Modest Mouse
Going Back to Georgia - Nancy Griffith
No Bad News - Patty Griffin
You are the Best Thing - Ray Lamontagne
King of Anything - Sara Bareilles
All for Love - Serena Ryder
Sweeping the Ashes - Serena Ryder
I Was Made for Sunny Days - The Weepies
Jolene - The Weepies
Sea Legs - Brittany Kusserow
The Fear - Lily Allen

I have several other songs on my playlist right now, but they aren't great and will probably be removed.  Any suggestions for additions?

No comments:

Post a Comment